6.27.2008

SMUDGED INK FROM THE PERIODICAL CAPSULE

I have this sick addiction to magazines. Thousands of them sit tucked away in boxes and plastic tubs waiting to be chronicled in this huge periodical room that I've envisioned for myself. As I get younger I accumulate more bullshit, wondering what wiseguy will come along and create the magazine connoisseurs version of youtube. Usually if I'm buying a mag it's for the cover. Today I came across Fashion Rocks Magazine w. J-Lo on the cover and wondered why I was holding on. In this case I had lifted it from the nail salon strictly for the feature on one of my favorite hip-hop couples and their promise to reveal themselves through reality tv. You see, magazines are little treasures because words are valuable and I love to look back on history, kind of how a DJ collects vinyl. Well, Mr. & Mrs. Jones it's been a year and I'm still waiting.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW U KNOW how much I fuggin love these two esp my girl Kelis! GREAT THOBACK POST LOL