6.21.2009


I've been gone from the blogsphere for sometime but I had to get my mind right. I'm still not quite all there, but whoever created the mantra to take one day @ a time knew that it wasn't just for the Anonymous. This is an open letter to Fannie C. Womble, my best friend, my # 1 supporter, and my horse for all the races she won:
Mommy, it's been 2 months and often it seems like 2 days. On this Father's Day I'm missing my dad as I do every year, but the aching for you is just as deep. I can hear your laugh and I thank you for the gift of humor and making a joke out of all of life's adversities. Thank you for keeping shit so so real with me. Whatever I asked, you never tried to hide the truth. And towards the end, I truly could see all of your ways in myself. Sometimes we used to disagree because I couldn't accept it, but I got the best of the best and can hear you telling me how much you prayed for me to begin life inside of your womb. But no, you were my gift & I THANK GOD for you, for having 28 wonderful years of an unconditional love that so many people never get the chance to experience. Mommy, I am who I am because of you. God is the greatest and what they say is true, a mother is the closest to the One above. I Love You is simply not enough and I will carry on your life & love always. Momma, I Made It!

No comments: