2.22.2009

WHO ARE WE, REALLY?

Sooo, I got my Showtime back although I've missed out on the last 2 seasons of the L Word, my beloved Weeds and Californication. My new addiction is this united states of Tara chick. I haven't been this excited to tune in since The Wire. Watching Toni Collette and her enormous range of talent should make most of these networks ashamed to greenlight this bullshit we call television, especially when I had to wake up this afternoon to yet another Tyler Perry marathon. The shit just isn't funny anymore. But wait, was it ever? Now, Buck on the other hand {one of Tara's alters} is so funny it hurts. I can't help but see pieces of myself and I wonder if that yucky feeling I get in the pit of my stomach sometimes when I'm turned off by everyone including myself is just my way of transitioning. Does it ever happen to you? I think the most intriguing people suffer from DID, it makes coping with this thing called life a lot easier. Like Weeds, I look forward to hearing the theme song almost as much as the talent behind Diablo Cody's two-finger creation. Not because the plot is off-the-wall different, but because there are hundreds of layers that have yet to be explored. I hate that I can identify with Tara but still feel that pang of skepticism when she goes in & out of reality. Shit, don't we all wish we could...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just checked out the pilot episode and I'm with you and Tara's sister Charmaine on escaping reality. So far it seems to be the reasoning behind all of that DID bullshit.

Anonymous said...

But if we really examine ourselves, only the most boring fucks stay the same everyday, all day.