1.20.2009

LEGENDSTATEMENTSTAR

LSS here~~I’M BACK AGAIN, creeping through the shadows as you can always count on me to. Sprinkling my goodie dust (read: that supreme herbal treatment) all over my girl Twig’s blogspot is what I intend to do and fashion, in particular, is what I do here so let’s get right to it, shall we?

It’s gonna be a longer post than usual children, I’m feeling froggy so I’mma leap dammit!

Fashion with a purpose in ’09 bitches is where I’m headed (remember: I don’t compromise comfort to be cute; neither should you!)

So, President and Mrs. Obama have made it officially official (YAY) by shutting down the District of Columbia today with a star-studded inauguration celebration. Being there and feeling the energy was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G…

Mrs. Obama gets an A+ on her first grand fashion appearance on the world stage. She gets an A+ for the following reasons: (Ladies, please-relax and take notes)

  • She supported an American designer (check plus Mrs. O)
  • She WAS NOT a label whore (check plus Mrs. O)
  • She mixed it up by pairing couture with J.Crew (check plus Mrs. O)

Most importantly, Mrs. Obama introduced us (read: the entire world and that dry ass white house) to her brand of “black girl swag” by being daring enough to rock a spectacular Golden-yellow-greenish “grown lady sexy” day dress, shrug and matching overcoat by Cuban-American designer Isabel Toledo to the daytime inauguration events. The critics gonna hate (they already are) but I absolutely adore her color and style choice. It exuded femininity, queendom, optimism and renewal; green, yellow and gold are all colors that usually remind us of LIFE and LIVING and to much of the haters delight is not a color that is typically worn in these cold winter months. Nevertheless, our first lady’s dark brown skin glowed against that beautifully elegant and well-put together ensemble. Let’s not even get into how she straight kilt (yes I said kilt) the “don’t be a label whore” game by pairing her green Jimmy Choo’s with her green J. Crew leather gloves. She made me proud today!

To the 10 (count them T-E-N!) official inauguration balls in the District tonight, Michelle graced the world’s fashion stage again in a Jason Wu original design---an Asian-American designer (she holding ‘em down right? Change certainly has come hasn’t it?). Jason Wu is only 26-years old, by the way, and an extremely talented designer. He’s young, focused and his first line recently debuted! I mean, Mrs. Obama is definitely walking the talk so far in terms of her fashion sense.

Message “to-go”: Keep it grown and sexy in ’09 ladies, don’t be a label whore, support American designers whenever possible, and never be afraid to pair couture with chain store finds.

Cheers and here’s to the fashion forward first black family!

p.s. (did yall check out Mr. President’s razor sharp “black boy” shape up? Dude was so very fresh and so very clean)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your fashion commentary, do you write for anyone else and why do you wait so long to post LSS.

Anonymous said...

(smiling) THANK YOU for reading Kalida! I'm sorry for the sporadicness (i might've just made that word up...lol), but I like keeping eveybody guessing as to what the hell is goin on with LSS..just a symptom of my inherit wackiness lol.

I don't post anywhere else tho...Ms. Twig got me on lock ova here on her blog...I promise to keep it comin' tho...stay tuned Ms. Kalida.

~LSS

Anonymous said...

What's the latest LSS? No big-ups for the men. Tryna rock sumthin wit a lot of swag that's not too over the top. What it do?